Friday 22 June 2012

Finishing Techniques, a completed quilt and an end to education.....



I have been neglecting my blog as I have been doing work for 'education' over the past 6 weeks - and I've forgotten how education saps your energy and creativity!  However, its at an end now and I'm looking forward to getting back to all my projects.  It seems ages since I've sat down and done a bit of cardi knitting:  I started one over 2 months ago and want to get it finished but its hardly been the weather to wear it.  I'll post a pic when its finished.  Another interruption to my 'crafting' has been the football and a husband that watches every match....its really messed up my knitting/tv down time!
In and amongst my education work I ran a finishing techniques workshop last Saturday and it was a truly fab day.  I was delighted that my 'students' felt they had learnt so much from it and there was lots of 'eureka' moments when they learnt specific techniques......I also managed to catch up with one of my quilting ladies and finally got to see her completed quilt from the 'Quilt-in-a-day' workshop.  I'm slowly building a quilt gallery and I think I'll put them all on to a separate page............. 

A very nice quilt dear!

It was also interesting at the workshop to meet a lady who had lived on the Isle of Skye and while she was there had trained as a spinner.  Further to this I have managed to get her some Alpaca fleece: I have a friend who is babysitting a herd  - is that the word? - of Alpaca and one has just been sheared.  Her name is Tuscany - !!!- and I really hope at some point to see something made by this lady from Tuscany's fleece.  We were shown a cracking bag that the lady had spun and then knitted: we were very impressed..... 



 

 

The weather here is truly awful at the moment - I am looking down to a very grey, wet Holmfirth and I cant see Emley Moor at all from my weather station.  Tomorrow, I have a 'Quilt-in-a-day' session and its been booked by a group of friends and an ex-teaching buddy.  And with a dreadful days weather forecasted what could be finer than a day's quilting, in nice surroundings, girly company, great sarnies from Nicks Kitchen and some home made Strawberry cheesecake cupcakes ....the rain wont bother us!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews