Sunday 17 February 2013

Bibs and bobs

Its a 'bibs and bobs' time as I feel to be going from one thing to another but not particularly getting ahead with anything: a feeling I hate!  Maybe this time next weekend I will feel entirely differently.....so lets see what box of delights I have in this post.....



I thought I'd let you see this...its by one of my knitting clubbers: for want of a better word! and I was so impressed when she showed me this.  She is very good at Crochet and a beginner knitter and this blanket is very 'her' - especially in the choice of colour.  I really liked the drape and weight of the blanket which was made in Rowan Wool Cotton and I was so impressed that I've decided to start work 
on my own Granny blanket - as I really need a project to keep me busy at Knitting Club....something that I can continually pick up and put down for a bit.




I bought this cook book last week.  If you've looked at my blog before you'll know that we love our food in the Fairislerona household and a few months ago I came across this ladies recipes - in the Sunday Times I think......anyway, we've had a go at quite a few of them and were suitably impressed and all in one pot - fab!  Georgina Fuggle is not a name you are likely to forget and I really recommend her cooking.....so today we are having the 'Pig's Cheeks in Cider' they've been gently bubbling away in the slow cooker...I was told that the 'Pig's Chaps' were the cheeks of the pig but they are so big I'm beginning to wonder which cheeks we are talking about....I'd rather not think about that one...but they do smell delicious !!!  





This is a bit of an insight into my next pattern / hooking project.  The colours look pretty retro and I really love this colour combination at the moment.  I sat looking at them the other day and wondered why I kept selecting them and I now realise why - they are the same shades as my settee which is upholstered in gorgeous Moon woven woollen fabric.  So this then led to the conclusion that I really do have to make that Granny blanket for my sitting room....




I kind of signed a pledge to myself at the start of Winter that I was not going to buy any more knitting yarn until I had used my current stash: how many knitters have said this to themselves....I made a Louisa Harding sweater in Rowan Creative Worsted but wasn't very happy with it as I felt really fat in it!  So, I'm planning to re-knit it again but this time in the very wonderful Kim Hargreaves design Onza - pictured above.  My mother knitted this for me about 10 years ago in a dark maroon Rowan Kid Classic and it is a classic sweater which I have worn and worn...so that's my next plan before I knit anything for Spring/Summer






Last, but by no means the least I had a little crafty goodie this week from Tweed Delights which I bought as a pressie for one of my friends.  Alison makes some lovely products using Harris Tweed and she is a lovely lady crafting up on the Isle of Lewis ...do take a look at her tweedying....have a good week everybody and hope we continue to get the gorgeous weather we have had the past few days for half term...

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for the lovely mention Rona! You have some fab projects on the go - love the colours :) Pig's cheeks in cider sounds very delicious - enjoy!! :)
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews